Sunday, February 20, 2011

tufted is tough

so i have always wanted a tufted headboard. i think they are so classic and, in their own way, incredibly romantic. the one i really wanted from Pottery Barn called Georgetown Tufted Headboard was about $700 more than i could afford to spend, even after a major price reduction. yikes - as i have stated, most of my taste far exceeds my budget. anyways, i decided i was going to make one. now this definitely wasn't as easy as the instructions said it would be. while the instructions said it would be moderately challenging, it would have been completely impossible with out the help of my mom and sister - although i do recommend the instructions i used, i would definitely get a couple friends to help me out since it took about 4 hours with three people to complete mine. all in all i would say it cost me about $250 bucks to make: $40 for the plywood, $35 for the fabric, $35 for the buttons, thread and upholstery needle, $20 for the batting and $90 for the foam (which was surprisingly pricey in my opinion). all in all i am incredibly pleased with the end result. my only worry is fastening it to the wall - its very heavy. i'll let you know how that one goes later in the week...




No comments:

Post a Comment